Wednesday, 2 July 2008

TYPE



In a quest to improve my photography skills and maximise my enjoyment I have set myself the task of taking a photo every day. A photo diary of sorts, so you can expect to see many of them here. Last night I dug out some old block type and tried to create something interesting, but as one of my faithful colleagues said "You haven't quite got the 'still life' thing, I'm not feeling the love." I know she is right. She can always be trusted for some honest feedback :-) I obviously need more practice. How do some people make simple things look so good? Perhaps some descent lighting might help, rather than a standard 100watt bulb :-)

Anyway, I love the subject. It takes me back to the beginning of my career as a typographer. Probably why I have hung onto them. Probably why I have such a love of words and well used language too.

No comments: